Mrs D just returned from the National Science Teachers Association national conference in Indianapolis. Thanks very much to Dale County Schools for sponsoring this opportunity!
Science teachers are students too and this conference was a great opportunity to work with scientists and educators from across the country to learn more about science, learn new teaching methods and tools.
Some highlights of this trip:
- Visit to the National Weather Service in Indianapolis
- Met Bill Nye the Science Guy and learned about his newest venture – The Planetary Society
- Developed programs for Lego robots with other teachers and experts
- Scientists from the Air Force Museum in Ohio taught short course on mechanics of flight
- Learned cool new methods for creating Science notebooks
- Talked with Scientist from Florida State in Tallahassee where they have some of the world’s strongest magnets. (Hoping he will be able to visit GW Long Elementary!)