Like watching action scenes in movies? Love to see those close-up TV shots (that make you feel like you are on the field) with your favorite football team? If the answer is “yes”, say “thanks” to Garrett Brown, professional filmographer, cameraman, and inventor. Brown has invented numerous tools including the Steadicam and the SkyCam. Checkout these links to see how the SkyCam actually works and to get some more info on Garrett Brown.
Here is some advice from Brown for inventors…..
"You may not think of yourself as a potential inventor, but devising your own unique objects, tools, appliances, accessories and methods, can be surprisingly easy. There are seven basic steps:
- Identify some object (or method or technique) you need or want that is missing—even if its absence has long been taken for granted.
- Try to imagine all the ways that it might look, feel or operate if it did exist, and make sketches, diagrams or primitive models.
- ‘Operate’ all the versions, at least in your mind, and select the most promising to try out or build
- Deconstruct the winning version on paper, right down to its hypothetically disassembled parts.
- Acquire whatever components can be purchased and hire experts to make the parts that are unavailable *
- Assemble the thing and give it a try.
- Improve it or start over (or celebrate!) as appropriate"